Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Team Zurborg Expands: Sir Punk Rodent



Sir Punk Rodent is really his full name. Rodie for short. He just joined the pack of Team Agility Zurborg. He's a 4 1/2 mos old Chihuahua who is full of evil thoughts. He loves to bite, chase, harass, and be a total punk. He has no thoughts of self preservation and will climb any mountain, jump off any building, and wear his superman cape all day long.

I realize he's the wrong color but we will soon rectify that with a special blue merle shirt. Gator loves him which of course was a mandatory requirement.

Rodie was a client surrender. He originally was adopted from the OC Shelter at a mere 8 weeks of age. The problem is Rodie is a resource guarder and will snarl when handled. He will guard his food and toys. Sounds like he will fit in just fine at my house! That's my specialty.

If Rodie continues on to compete in agility, that means I will have run in every single jump height in my career. I'm proud of that, big or small, rescue or purchase, they can all be trained to a high level of competition. He's been to several agility trials now and agility peeps are great about socializing him. He's already started learning about turning around posts, standing on planks (even ones that move), rear end awareness, recall, stay and more.

Stay turned for updates from Sir Punk Rodent.

~Laurie Zurborg, Founder

3 comments:

  1. He is ADORABLE and sounds a bit like my Sherman - he's a PUNK too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my Chi Mixes are resource guarders. It's hard being the little dude.

    ReplyDelete