Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

IS THAT PEE!

"Gansta Rodent"
It's 11:30pm, I'm finally turning off my computer.  Rodie is looking at me wagging his tail.  I stand up and I feel liquid!  He has lifted his leg on my desk.  That's it!  This little guy is gonna pay!  I'm tired of cleaning up pee in my house.  Usually it's the rug in front of the door but tonight he actually dared to lift his leg.....a very small 6 inches from my leg!

I know I'm a dog trainer and my little Rodent should be potty trained, he's 8 months already.  Little dogs really are harder to potty train though.  They go more often.  They get cold or distracted outside and forget to go.  I forget to put him out as often as the older dogs.  I'm still tired of cleaning up pee though.

Then I see the Wags December Newsletter that I just sent out.  Liz wrote an article about the poochie bells.  Then it hit me!  I'm moving into our new dream home next week and the Rodent is not going to go pee in the new house.  I'm gonna use the bells in the new house for all the dogs.  Guess a good training plan wins out over corporal punishment again.  I'll keep you posted!

Laurie Zurborg, CPDT
Founder Wags & Wiggles

No comments:

Post a Comment